Saturday, October 14, 2006

I...am a clown.

I am currently rehearsing the role of Bob "Whiplash" McCord in THE MARRIAGE OF MISS HOLLYWOOD AND KING NEPTUNE by Robert Schenkken. Bob is a grand British Shakespearean actor who has been lured to Hollywood (in the late 1920's) to make crappy silent Western films. It's funny stuff and is giving me a chance to work on my Standard British dialect. It is also my second role in less than a year in which a bullwhip plays a significant part. Weird. For that matter, it's my second role in under a year in which I play an actor. Interesting. Hadn't thought of that. I suppose that means my type is "bullwhipping actor." Which, I would assume, is a type that very few actors fall into. Well, good. Good for me.

I can crack that whip, alright. Oh, can I crack it!

No comments: