Thursday, May 04, 2006

I'M SORRY! Jeesh.




I haven't posted in a while because I was doing a show. OKAY!!???

But now that show is over. I was performing in THE CRIPPLE OF INISHMAAN which I blogged about a few weeks ago. We just closed last Saturday night. As usual, it's nice to have my evenings back and a little hard to suddenly stop performing a show that I rehearsed/performed for six weeks. Being Babbybobby (my characer) was a great experience. He's a nice guy but also has no qualms about dispensing justice by way of physical punishment. As I mentioned in a comment I left in Dave's blog, the final act I performed before leaving stage each night was beating a physically disabled (crippled) boy with a lead pipe. This sounds awful because it was. But it was a great chance for me to practice being a cruel person on stage. Which seems to be the number one thing I need to work on. I'm pretty okay in my everyday life at being a nice guy. I'm non-confrontational, easy-going, generally a pleasant person. And I plan to keep it that way. But it's also an absolute necessity for me to be able to turn into a bastard when necessary. So like I said. Beating a cripple with a lead pipe is good practice.

No comments: